DISCOUNT TRAVEL AND MORE!!

Fare Buzz Vacation Rentals CheapOstay CheapOair.com

Monday, August 20, 2012

Vote Melvin Edwards For Massachusetts State Senate 2012

A Proven Public Servant, Melvin has served as:

 

  • Springfield City Councilor
  • President of Keep Springfield Beautiful
  • President of Maple High/Six Corners Neighborhood Council
  • Board member for the Springfield Partners for Community Action
  • On the board of directors for the Housing Allowance Project
  • Melvin believes that the State Government can do more.
  • We can practice responsible environmental stewardship
  • We can use job creation to address social problems
  • We can bridge the gap between education and workforce development
  • We can create innovative approaches to public safety
  • We can show both smart and prudent fiscal control


Born 1959, in Springfield, I have lived here all my life. My father, Ralph Edwards, is from St. Mary’s Jamaica and my mother, the late Lillie Mae Barber, was from Lillington North Carolina and my Step father, the late James Barber, was from Maryland. They all came here in late 1950’s looking for employment opportunities, all willing to work to provide for their family.


My mother, an ordained minister and former pastor of the Church of the Living God for 17 years, was a domestic, cleaning people’s homes. My Stepfather worked for the former Uniroyal Tire Company in Chicopee for 31 years. They, along with my father, taught me my work ethic and gave me a moral compass which has lead me to this point today.


In 1980 I enrolled at Westfield State University with the intention of majoring in Political Science. Even then my goal was to run for public office, but life threw me a curve and family obligation intervened. Needing to provide for my own children, I went to work, eventually settling at Monson Developmental Center in Palmer Mass. I worked in transportation and as a Direct Care Supervisor for 21 years… retiring at the first opportunity with less than a full pension but with the goal of seeking public office. Elected to the City Council in 2009 and now with the redrawn senate district, I have an opportunity to serve a wider district, a chance to have a greater contribution to the positive things that government can do for all our community.


For more information, pics, volunteer opportunities or inquiries visit: 

http://www.votemelvin.com/?recruiter_id=131247

http://www.votemelvin.com/?recruiter_id=131247

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
INTERNATIONAL, United States
DK HERBAL PHARMACY

DragonflyKingdom.com aStore -OFFICIAL-